Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Giggs hints at Man Utd retirement

Courtesy BBC Sport
Manchester United great Ryan Giggs has hinted that he could retire from football at the end of the season. The 35-year-old former Wales captain's current deal with the European and Premier League champions expires at the end of the season. United winger Giggs told The Sun: "I will keep playing as long as I enjoy it, I am fit and the manager wants me.
"If one of those three things stops, I will consider retiring. It could be at the end of this season."

Giggs is British football's most decorated player and his 28 winners medals include two Champions League victories, a record 10 Premier League championships and four FA Cup wins. The 64-times Wales international, who broke Sir Bobby Charlton's United appearance record when appearing as a substitute in the Champions League final in May, has played 781 times for the Old Trafford club.