Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 31 December 2008

'Garden Of Communion'

I stood under a clear night sky
The great star nation stretched in every direction above me
I was humble and meditated on the sense of nothing
Imagining myself as a grain of sand
on a beach which stretches in all directions into infinity


I heard the gods whisper my name
and thought at first I was dreaming
for why would those beings so mighty
wish to commune with a mortal so insignificant
I felt I was not weary of that connection
I gazed around the garden lit by that star light

It was eerie, I felt presence
I saw shapes like shadows moving
I knew then I was not alone
For my senses tingle in that company
I drew from me then a chord of light
and cast it out into the ether
Sensed then it pulled so gently
and saw with my mind’s eye a doorway open

Then in a moment which on earth was fleeting I walked through
I felt then being drawn quickly forwards
Expanded then shrunk
My consciousness becoming mighty
Parallel with the infinite playground which stretched all around me
I had become the air, the ether, part of the soul of life

I saw then that space I stood in
Occupied by a million worlds
Countless facets of I stood there too
All feeling the same as I
Spellbound by that feeling I returned to my space and time

I knew I was not alone
I know we share so many things without being even aware
And that thought brings so much comfort
And so now my garden is a doorway to the many, many worlds
A meeting place for all the souls who wish to share communion with all their many parts .....

Matthew James Thursday, 5 December 2002